1. I really don’t know ________ I had my mobile phone stolen.
A. when was it that B. that it was when
C. where it was that D. it was where that
2. Was it ________ it snowed last night that you didn’t come to the party?
A. that B. because C. why D. if
3. I just don’t understand ________ that prevents so many Americans from being as happy as one might expect.
A. why it does B. what it does C. what it is D. why it is
4. It was the news of not being the first to know and everyone who did know lying to me about it ________ hurt me.
A. what B. which C. that D. ×
5. It was not until dark ________ he found ________ he thought was the correct way to solve the problem.
A. that; that B. that; what C. when; what D. when; that
6. It is not until you have lost your health ________ you know its value.
A. that B. when C. what D. which
7. It was not until she had arrived home ________ she remembered her appointment with the doctor.
A. that B. when C. and D. where
8. Was it the fact you told me ________ he blackmailed his classmates ________ made him out of school?
A. which; that B. that; which C. that; that D. which; which
9. —Susan looks unhappy today.
—Yes, but she can’t tell what it is ________ is bothering her.
A. as B. what C. that D. which
10. Was it near the park ________ we visited last month ________ the car accident happened?
A. /; that B. that; when C. where; that D. that; which
11. We didn’t know where it was ________ the other tourists in our group stayed for the night until the tsunami was over.
A. that B. which C. when D. why
12. It was what he meant ________ what he said that annoyed me.
A. rather B. than C. rather than D. other than
13. It was his word and action, but not his appearance, ________ moved us deeply.
A. that B. which C. who D. as
14. ________ you met with Mr. Green for the first time?
A. When it was that B. Was it when that C. When was it that D. Was it that when
15. Is it the years ________ you worked in the factory ________ have a great effect on your literary works?
A. that; where B. that; that C. when; where D. when; that
1. C。句意为“我真的不知道我的手机是在哪儿被偷的。”强调句的特殊疑问句由“特殊疑问词+is / was + that / who / whom +句子其余部分”构成。
2. B。此题考查强调句的一般疑问句结构：Is / Was+ it + 被强调的部分+ that / who / whom+句子其余部分?被强调的部分是because引导的原因状语从句，用that。
3. C。本题强调是的宾语从句中的主语。还原为陈述句为：I just don’t understand what prevents so many Americans from being as happy as one might expect。
4. C。本题考查强调句的基本结构。此题被强调的主语部分较复杂，the news是主语，后面的of not being the first to know and everyone who did know lying to me about it作the news的定语。句子的简单结构It was the news that hurt me.
5. B。第一空是not until的强调句用that; 第二空what引导的从句作found的宾语，what he thought在宾语从句中作主语。
6. A。本题仍是not until的强调句，用that。句意为“直到你失去了健康，你才知道它的价值”。
7. A。It is / was not until…that…是not…until… 的强调式，为固定结构。
8. C。第一空that 引导一个宾语从句；第二空 that 与 Was it 构成强调结构，强调主语 that fact。
9. C。强调宾语从句中的主语 what。
10. A。强调地点状语 near the park, 第 1 空的 that 在定语从句作 visited 的宾语被省略了。
11. A。强调 where 引导的宾语从句。
12. C。全句为强调句，被强调部分为 what he meant rather than what he said，其中的 rather than 相当于 but not。
13. A。许多同学会受空格前面逗号的影响，认为此句是非限制性定语从句，对前面的his word and action 或his appearance进行说明，从而将答案误选为B、C或D。而事实上，此题的正确答案为A，整个句子是It was … that …强调句型，强调his word and action, but not his appearance部分。注：判断这类句子的最佳办法是将句子中的It was 及空格同时去掉，看其留下的部分是否还成为一个句子。若是一个完整的句子，则是强调句型；若不能成为完整的句子，则可能是定语从句或主语从句。
15. D。整个句子是一个强调句式，强调主句中的主语years。主句可改写成：The years have a great effect on your literary works. 在句子中又插入了一个when引导的定语从句you worked in the factory，修饰years。句意为：正是你在工厂工作的那些岁月对你的文学作品产生了很大的影响吗？